Saturday, August 31, 2013

Great Jefferson County Restaurant Blog

For all you restaurant diners out there looking for a good place to eat, your first stop should be here.





My new friend Dennis Bentley has a great restaurant critique blog site serving the Jefferson and South County area's.  It's called Eat and Critique, and I'll post a link to the blog at the end of this article so everyone can bookmark it in their browsers. This is the kind of site you will want to hit before deciding on where to spend that hard-earned money you have so little of.

Dennis has been posting reviews of area restaurants, their food and service (good & bad) since 2009, and has over 190 posts on most of your favorite places to eat.  I was able to sit down with Dennis at Cool Beans Java Cafe here in Hillsboro, and find out more about the person behind the blog.  What I thought was to be a 30 min. to an hour long interview, turned into a two and a half hour long walk down memory lane.  Dennis's and my backgrounds are very similar.  He's ex-Air Force, so am I.  He was in the military around the same time I was, and essentially did the same thing. Maybe that makes you want to be a blogger later in life, I don't really know for sure.  Dennis is in the IT business and so am I, and the list goes on.  It was almost like interviewing yourself.

One of the many things that impressed me about Dennis was his ability to post restaurant reviews regularly for so long.  I know how hard it is sometimes, and I've only been doing it for a few months.  Each review is well planned and complete.  Each contains the kind of information you would want to know regarding the restaurant before you visit: the place, it's food, the cost and the service. Eat and Critique reviews usually have a photo of the building's exterior or signage and the food Dennis and his family ordered.  Throw in a few sarcastic remarks for spice and you have a great article that makes for some good reading.

Each time I do an interview, I want to walk away having learned something from the person being interviewed.  I definitely learned a lot about the art of writing, the dedication of long term blogging and the joy this man gets from his family, his career and from his blogging.  I should be so lucky. Here's the link to Dennis Bentley's Eat and Critique Blog-site so you can visit often.


Link to Dennis's Eat and Critique Blog:

http://eatandcritique.blogspot.com/


Why not look up your favorite restaurant and see how your experience compares.  Thanks Dennis for all you shared and wishing you and your blog continued success.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil and polite with your comments.