Thursday, August 22, 2013

Do you use Twitter?

Are you one of the thousands or maybe I should say 10's of millions that use the social media network Twitter?



I use Twitter, not much, but I use it.  Mostly to get quick local news feeds or Cardinal scores, some social media articles things like that.  One thing I'm finding out quickly about this social media network is something I call "Tweet Overload".  I see some interesting person or organization and start to Follow them hoping for some quality or at the very least entertaining Tweets.  Then it happens, about ten to twenty Tweets from them mostly quotes or re-Tweets from other sources/persons.  No original content, no new information just - fluff or fill.  My entire screen is filled with their junk.  I call it junk because junk is something you have or get in the mail, that you don't want.  No Cardinal scores with runners on base, just Zig Ziggler quotes.

Well, as quickly as I can, I un-Follow them and move on.  I don't understand, do they not know they are annoying us with this trivial content?  Do they not think there might be someone else or something else I might want to see besides their content right now.  I wish there was an easy way to comment on their Tweets so maybe they might learn something and change their ways (at least a little).  So, if you are a Twitter user, and you Tweet; please be aware of the fact we may not want to see ten to twenty Tweets from you all at once.  Spread them out over say an hour or two.  It might help you retain those all important Followers you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil and polite with your comments.